Mileage Reimbursement Guidelines
LogistiCare administers our members’ transportation benefits. LogistiCare reimburses mileage for non-emergency medical appointments through its Mileage Reimbursement program.
- Mileage reimbursement trips should be scheduled by calling LogistiCare’s reservation line at any of the following numbers Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. EST.
|Plan Type||Reservation Phone Number||Ride Assistance Phone Number|
|Medicaid||1-877-659-8420 (TTY 711)||1-877-659-8421 (TTY 711)|
|Child Welfare||1-877-659-8420 (TTY 711)||1-877-659-8421 (TTY 711)|
|Long Term Care||1-877-659-8414 (TTY 711)||1-877-659-8415 (TTY 711)|
- Mileage reimbursement trips may be scheduled up to 30 days in advance but no later than the day of the appointment. Back dated mileage reimbursement trip requests are not reimbursed.
- When members schedule a reservation, they need to provide the name and mailing address of the person to whom the reimbursement is to be made payable. For example, if a member’s sister will be driving them to a medical appointment, the member must provide her sister’s mailing address when h/she schedules their reservation with LogistiCare.
- LogistiCare verifies the trip by giving the member an identifying reference number for each trip. This becomes the member’s Mileage Reimbursement Trip/Job number. It is referenced as the “LogistiCare Confirmation #” on the reimbursement form. Only trips that include this number on the member’s reimbursement form will be processed for reimbursement.
- There are three ways that members can get a reimbursement form:
- LogistiCare can fax a form to the member.
- LogistiCare can email a form to the member.
- LogistiCare can mail a form to the member.
- Members must fill out the entire reimbursement form except for the space for “Physician/Clinical Signature.” You will be responsible for completing this portion.
- Members are instructed to take their reimbursement form with them to their medical appointment. Although a member of your staff can complete any portion of the form, it MUST be signed by the either the attending physician or clinician, otherwise the member’s mileage reimbursement trip request will not be reimbursed.
- Members can put up to seven (7) trips on one form.
- LogistiCare will ONLY accept and process Mileage Reimbursement forms via HARD COPY mailed to:
LogistiCare Claims Department
798 Park Ave. NW
Norton, VA 24273
- Members’ payments will be mailed within 15 days of the LogistiCare Claims Department receiving completed reimbursement forms.
- If you have a Sunshine Health member who has any questions about the Mileage Reimbursement Submission process, please have them call the LogistiCare Claims Department at 1-866-907-5186 (TTY 711) Monday through Friday from 8:00a.m. to 4:00p.m.