Patient Centered Medical Home Model
Sunshine Health is committed to supporting its network providers in achieving recognition as Patient Centered Medical Homes (PCMH). As part of our quest to help you provide value-based care and achieve the Quadruple Aim: Better Care, Better Outcomes, Lower Cost, and Greater Physician and Patient Satisfaction, we can support you in achieving and maintaining PCMH with NCQA, AAAHC, TJC or URAC, the NCQA Distinction in Behavioral Health (BH) Integration and the Patient Centered Specialty Practice (PCSP) certification.
The purpose of the PCMH, BH Distinction and PCSP certifications is to promote and facilitate a whole person model of care that will provide better healthcare quality, improve member self-management, and reduce avoidable costs over time. Many of the concepts, properly implemented and measured, can lead to a more efficient practice, a focus on population health, measurable quality improvement and resources to address social determinants of health.
Sunshine Health will actively partner with our providers, with community organizations, and groups representing our members to increase the number of providers who are recognized as PCMHs (or committed to becoming recognized) and who strive to achieve meaningful use of health information technology.
Sunshine Health’s technical support model includes:
- Readiness survey of contracted providers
- Education on the process of becoming certified
- Resource tools and best practices.
Our secure Provider Portal and related technologies offer tools that help provide data and information to support PCMH accreditation elements. These tools include:
- Online Care Gap Notification
- Member Panel Roster including member detail information
- Trucare Service Plan
- Health Record
- Provider Overview Report
For more information on PCMH and best practice models, visit the following websites:
- NCQA Patient Centered Medical Home Recognition Program
- Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc.
- Joint Commission PCMH Accreditation Program
- Primary Care Development Corporation
- National Center for Medical Home Implementation
- Understanding and Running a Patient-Centered Medical Home
- Patient-Centered Primary Care Collaborative