Electronic Visit Verification - Home Health Providers
To better serve our members and in compliance with the Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) Statewide Medicaid Managed Care contract, Sunshine Health has partnered with HHAeXchange (HHAX) for use of their software and electronic visit verification (EVV) technology.
Effective Dec. 1, 2019, Home Health providers who serve Long Term Care members and Home Health providers who provide Private Duty Nursing (PDN) to Managed Medicaid Assistance(MMA) members must comply with Sunshine Health’s requirements to use or interface with HHAX for EVV.
The HHAX portal is Sunshine Health’s new method for communicating authorization information and billing; and is available to providers now. HHAeXchange Portal provides workflow efficiencies, including:
- Free EVV solution to electronically track time and attendance.
- Receive patient demographics and authorizations electronically in real-time from multiple managed care organizations (MCOs).
- Real-time, two-way messaging with multiple MCOs.
- Bill multiple MCOs for confirmed visits.
- Eliminate denials with pre-bill scrubbing.
- Free scheduling module to manage schedules online in real-time.
- Interface with your agency management system/EVV system (Open Model).
Need to Sign up?
First Step = Complete the HHAeXchange Portal Survey
Complete the HHAeXchange Portal survey, indicating which Visit Entry method you will use:
- EVV = HHAeXchange will provide a set of free EVV tools for your agency and Caregivers to use.
- EDI = If you have your own EVV system, this will allow integration with your existing EVV vendor. (This latest EDI Integration spec (PDF) can be shared with your existing vendor.)
Next Step = Access Provider EVV Resources
View links to information related to HHAeXchange’s EVV Tools (PDF), including:
- Caregiver EVV Tools: Tools to help your Caregiver to Clock-In and Clock-Out of visits from a member’s home via telephony or the Mobile App.
- Agency EVV Tools: Tools to ensure you can view the visit confirmations through the HHAeXchange Portal.