Welcome to Children's Medical Services Health Plan (KidCare)
CMS Health Plan, operated by Sunshine Health, provides managed care services to members. Sunshine Health is a licensed Florida health plan.
The CMS Health Plan is for children who:
- Are under age 19 and eligible for Florida KidCare, and
- Have special healthcare needs that require extensive preventive and ongoing care
The need for preventive and ongoing care could mean working with several different providers at once. It might also mean working with state agencies or finding local community resources. It can be tough to keep track of it all. We understand. We’re here to help. The plan’s goal is to provide healthcare that helps improve the lives of members and families.
It is important that we learn about your child so we can make sure they get the care that they need. Your child’s care manager will set up a time to come to your home to meet your child.
Important Links to Helpful Information
- Member Login: Create and log in to your child’s secure member account
- Member Handbook (PDF): Covered services, benefits and wellness programs
- Member Resources: Forms, helpful links and more
- Benefits Summary: Benefits available to your child
- Preferred Drug List: Medications covered
- Health & Wellness: Health information on a variety of topics
Care Management Services
Managing your child's medical issues can be hard. We’ll help guide your family through the healthcare system.
Our team of nurses and social workers will work with you and your child's providers to identify your child’s needs. Our team will help you find available resources to meet your child’s needs. Each member is assigned a care manager.
We’ll help you schedule things like doctor visits, medical tests and procedures. Also, we can help you get behavioral, developmental and social services.
There are two versions of the CMS Health Plan. The benefits and services offered depend on which plan your child is enrolled in.
How do I know which version my child is enrolled in?
- If you do not pay a monthly premium for your child's health insurance, your child is enrolled in the Medicaid Children's Medical Services Health Plan.
- If you pay a monthly premium for your child's health insurance, your child is enrolled in the KidCare Children's Medical Services Health Plan.
Our Member Services team can help you get answers. Please call if you have questions about your plan. You can call 1-866-799-5321 (TTY 1-800-955-8770) Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern.
We look forward to serving you.