Why Sunshine Health
Sunshine Health knows that living as independently as you can is important. We can help you understand your options, which could include moving from a nursing home to an assisted living facility, moving to a relative’s home, or getting support to help ou stay in your own home.
Our nursing home transition program includes:
Have Questions About Enrolling in Medicaid?
We’re here to help. Complete this form (PDF) to have one our of team members reach out with more information about your many Medicaid choices and benefits.
Don't Forget to Renew Each Year
Recertify your Medicaid coverage every 12 months to keep your benefits. Visit the Florida Department of Children and Families to sign up for email reminders.
ENROLLING AND CHOOSING SUNSHINE HEALTH IS EASY
1. Apply for Medicaid. If you are eligible for Florida Medicaid, the Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) will send you a letter asking you to choose a plan. Visit the Florida Department of Children and Families website to apply for Florida Medicaid. 2. Receive a letter to choose a plan. 3. Choose a plan. 4. Call a Choice Counselor toll-free at 1-877-711-3662 (TTY 1-866-467-4970) or visit the Statewide Medicaid Managed Care page online. 5. Receive a welcome packet from your plan.CHOOSE SUNSHINE HEALTH
OUR SPECIAL BENEFITS
Our plan offers comprehensive physical and behavioral health services and programs, tools and supports to help you and your caregivers improve your health and quality of life.SEE ALL BENEFITS
FIND A DOCTOR
Sunshine Health is proud to partner with doctors in your area. See our list of network providers.SEARCH NOW
The SMMC Long-Term Care (LTC) program provides nursing facility services and home and community-based care to elders and adults (ages 18 years and older) with disabilities. Home and community-based services help people stay in their homes, with services like help with bathing, dressing and eating; help with chores; help with shopping; or supervision.
We pay for services that are provided at the nursing facility. If you live in a Medicaid nursing facility full time, you are probably already in the LTC program. If you don’t know, or don’t think you are enrolled in the LTC program, call Member Services. We can help you.
The LTC program also provides help for people living in their home. But space is limited for these in-home services, so before you can receive these services, you have to speak with someone who will ask you questions about your health. This is called a screening. The Department of Elder Affairs’ Aging and Disability Resource Centers (ADRCs) complete these screenings. Once the screening is complete, the ADRC will notify you about your wait list placement or provide you with a list of resources if you are not placed on the wait list. If you are placed on the wait list and a space becomes available for you in the LTC program, the Department of Elder Affairs
Comprehensive Assessment and Review for Long-Term Care Services (CARES) program will ask you to provide more information about yourself to make sure you meet other medical criteria to receive services from the LTC program. Once you are enrolled in the LTC program, we will make sure you continue to meet requirements for the program each year.
You can find the phone number for your local ADRC on the map and PSA list below. They can also help answer any other questions that you have about the LTC program. Visit the Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) website for more information.
- PSA 1: Northwest Florida Area Agency on Aging, Inc. 5090 Commerce Park Circle Pensacola, FL 32505; 1-850-494-7101; www.nwflaaa.org
- PSA 2: Advantage Aging Solutions 2414 Mahan Drive Tallahassee, FL 32308; 1-850-488-0055; www.aaanf.org
- PSA 3: Elder Options 100 SW 75th St., #301 Gainesville, FL 32607; 1-352-378-6649; www.agingresources.org
- PSA 4: ElderSource, The Area Agency on Aging of Northeast Florida 10688 Old St. Augustine Road Jacksonville, FL 32257; 1-904-391-6600; www.myeldersource.org
- PSA 5: Area Agency on Aging of Pasco-Pinellas, Inc. 9549 Koger Blvd., Ste. 100 St. Petersburg, FL 33702; 1-727-570-9696; www.agingcarefl.org
- PSA 6: Senior Connection Center, Inc. 8928 Brittany Way Tampa, FL 33619; 1-813-740-3888; www.seniorconnectioncenter.org
- PSA 7: Senior Resource Alliance 3319 Maguire Blvd., Ste. 100,
Orlando, FL 32803; 1-407-514-1800; www.seniorresourcealliance.org
- PSA 8: Area Agency on Aging for Southwest Florida 2830 Winkler Ave, Ste. 112
Fort Myers, FL 33916; 1-239-652-6900; www.aaaswfl.org
- PSA 9: Area Agency on Aging of Palm Beach/Treasure Coast 4400 N. Congress Ave. West Palm Beach, FL 33407; 1-561-684-5885; www.youragingresourcecenter.org
- PSA 10: Aging and Disability Resource Center of Broward County, Inc. 5300 Hiatus Road Sunrise, FL 33351; 1-954-745-9567; www.adrcbroward.org
- PSA 11: Alliance for Aging, Inc. 760 NW 107th Ave. Ste. 214, 2nd Floor Miami, FL 33172; 1-305-670-6500; www.allianceforaging.org