Why Sunshine Health?
You have a choice for Medicaid coverage. Choose Sunshine Health for care when and where you need it.
Sunshine Health understands that mental health is key to overall health. Mental health issues affect 1 in 6 adults in Florida. Our Serious Mental Illness Speciality Plan (SMI) focuses on whole health, with benefits and services designed to support physical and mental health.
Have Questions About Enrolling in Medicaid?
We’re here to help. Complete this form (PDF) to have one of our team members reach out with more information about your Medicaid choices.
Don't Forget to Renew Each Year
Recertify your Medicaid coverage every 12 months to keep your benefits. Visit the Florida Department of Children and Families to sign up for email reminders.
To Be Eligible, You Must*:
- Qualify for Florida Medicaid.
- Be age 6 or older.
- Be diagnosed with, or in treatment for, a serious mental illness.
*The Agency for HealthCare Administration (AHCA) identifies persons for this specialty plan through claims, diagnosis codes and medications commonly associated with serious mental illness.
ENROLLING AND CHOOSING SUNSHINE HEALTH IS EASY
1. Apply for Medicaid.
2. Receive a letter to choose a plan.
3. Choose a plan.
4. Call a Choice Counselor toll-free at 1-877-711-3662 (TTY 1-866-467-4970) or visit the Statewide Medicaid Managed Care page online.
5. Receive a welcome packet from your plan.
FIND A DOCTOR
Sunshine Health is proud to partner with doctors in your area. See our list of network providers.SEARCH NOW