Pregnancy and Newborn Services
Prenatal care is an important way to keep you and your baby healthy during your pregnancy. These regular checkups allow doctors to find and treat health problems early, if needed. They also help make sure your baby is growing and developing properly.
It’s important to see a doctor if you are planning on becoming pregnant, or as soon as you know you are pregnant. If you need help finding an OB-GYN, we can help. Use our Find a Provider tool or call Member Services at 1-866-796-0530.
Please let us know when you are pregnant by logging in to our secure member portal and filling out a Notice of Pregnancy form.
Start Smart for Your Baby®
Our Start Smart for Your Baby® program provides customized support and care for pregnant women and new moms. This program focuses on your health during your pregnancy and your baby’s first year.
- Start Smart for Your Baby® offers these benefits at no cost to you:
- Information about pregnancy and newborn care
- Community help with housing, food, clothing and cribs
- Breastfeeding support and resources
- Experienced and licensed medical staff to work with you and your doctor if any issues occur during your pregnancy
- Text and email health tips for you and your newborn
Did you know? Sunshine Health now offers access to Pacify memberships – at no cost!
Pacify connects you with:
- Birth Doulas: Available 24/7 via video to answer any questions about your pregnancy and help you prepare for a safe delivery.
- Pacify Lactation Consultants: Available 24/7 via video for breastfeeding support and feeding-related questions.
- 24-hour Nurse Advice Line: Available 24/7 via phone to help if you or your baby are feeling under the weather.
- Member Help Line: Available 8 a.m.- 8 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday via phone for help with food, housing, utilities, and more.
- 24-hour Crisis Help Line: Available 24/7 via phone to help if you need crisis support.
- Case Management: Available 8 a.m.- 8 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday via phone to help with benefits, finding a doctor, or scheduling an appointment.
All at the touch of a button! There are no appointments required and you can call as often as you need to.
Start your membership today – it’s easy! Follow the steps to receive your membership code.
Note: Pacify is only available to download in the App Store or Google Play Store.
The Doula Network
Doulas are trained non-medical companions that support pregnant people. They can answer questions about pregnancy, labor and caring for your baby after birth. They also offer comfort through physical and emotional support.
As a Sunshine Health member, you get these doula benefits at no-cost:
- 3 visits while pregnant
- In-person labor support at birthing location
- 2 visits after birth
- Text, email and phone support between visits
- 24/7 on-call support at 37 weeks until birth
Doula visits can be at your home, doctor’s office or in a public place. Here are some activities to do with your doula:
- Talk and get to know each other
- Create a birth plan
- Discuss your birth traditions
- Practice movement, positions and breathing for labor
- Prepare and plan for your baby
Contact The Doula Network team at 1-877-436-8527 and select extension 0 to learn more.