Skip to Main Content

Advance Directives

An advance directive is a written or spoken statement about how you want medical decisions made if you can’t make them yourself. Some people make advance directives when they get very sick or are at the end of their lives. Other people make advance directives when they are healthy. You can change your mind and these documents at any time. We can help you understand or get these documents. They do not change your child’s right to quality health care benefits. The only purpose is to let others know what you want if you can’t speak for yourself.

  1. A Living Will
  2. Health Care Surrogate Designation
  3. An Anatomical (organ or tissue) Donation

Download an advance directive form. 

Make sure that someone, like your child’s PCP, lawyer, family member, or case manager knows that your child has an advance directive and where it is located.

If there are any changes in the law about advance directives, we will let you know within 90 days. You don’t have to have an advance directive if you do not want one.

If your provider is not following your advance directive, you can file a complaint with Member Services at 1-855-463-4100 or the Agency by calling 1-888-419-3456.