Pregnancy and Newborn Services
Prenatal care is an important way to keep your child’s baby healthy during the pregnancy. These regular checkups allow doctors to find and treat health problems early, if needed. They also help make sure your child’s baby is growing and developing properly.
It’s important to see a doctor as soon as your child is pregnant. We can help find an OB-GYN for your child. Use our Find a Provider tool or call Member Services at 1-866-799-5321 (TTY 1-800-955-8770).
Please let us know when your child is pregnant by logging in to our secure member portal and filling out a Notice of Pregnancy form.
Start Smart for Your Baby®
Our Start Smart for Your Baby® program provides customized support and care for pregnant women and new moms. This program focuses on a child’s health during the pregnancy and the baby’s first year.
Start Smart for Your Baby® offers these benefits at no cost:
- Information about pregnancy and newborn care
- Community help with housing, food, clothing and cribs
- Breastfeeding support and resources
- Experienced and licensed medical staff to work with your child and doctor if any issues occur during the pregnancy
- Text and email health tips for your child and the newborn
- CMS Health Plan provides doula services for members’ ages 13 to 20 with a goal of improved birth outcomes, reduced pre-term births and improved prenatal care. Prior authorization is required.
The Doula Network
Doulas are trained non-medical companions that support pregnant people. They can answer questions about pregnancy, labor and caring for your baby after birth. They also offer comfort through physical and emotional support.
As a CMS Health Plan member, you get these doula benefits at no-cost:
- 3 visits while pregnant
- In-person labor support at birthing location
- 2 visits after birth
- Text, email and phone support between visits
- 24/7 on-call support at 37 weeks until birth
Doula visits can be at your home, doctor’s office or in a public place. Here are some activities to do with your doula:
- Talk and get to know each other
- Create a birth plan
- Discuss your birth traditions
- Practice movement, positions and breathing for labor
- Prepare and plan for your baby
Contact The Doula Network team at 1-877-436-8527 and select extension 0 to learn more.