Partners in Care: Together for Kids (PIC:TFK)
What is Partners in Care: Together for Kids?
Florida has a special program for children with a serious illness. Partners in Care: Together for Kids (PIC:TFK) helps your child and family get special care and keep up your quality of life. PIC:TFK’s experts have the tools to give you the care, comfort and support your family needs. They work with your child’s healthcare provider and CMS Health Plan.
PIC:TFK uses a “palliative care” approach. That means they try to improve the quality of life for patients and family members through early identification and examination of needs. The PIC:TFK team comes up with special solutions to treat pain and other physical, emotional and spiritual needs.
How Do I Enroll?
- Enrollment in PIC:TFK is voluntary. Your child’s CMS Health Plan Care Manager is here to help you. To qualify, your child must be:
- Enrolled in CMS Health Plan
- Diagnosed with a serious condition
- Live in an area where there is a PIC:TFK provider, visit the Florida Department of Health website to view a list of providers
For more information, please call your child’s care manager.
Who Provides PIC:TFK Services?
PIC:TFK services are provided by specially trained hospice providers. These providers have experience with palliative care and children. While your child is treated by a hospice provider, they are not a hospice patient.
Care That Focuses on Your Needs
PIC:TFK works with your child’s CMS Health Plan and provider to give your child and family support. They help meet your physical, emotional, and spiritual needs.
Services may include:
- Child-Life specialists
- Grief counseling
- Nursing care
- Pain and symptom control
- Personal care
- Play, music, and art therapies
- Respite care
- Chaplain services
- Sibling support
- Support for the entire family
Take the Next Step!
Learn more about PIC:TFK.
- Talk to your child’s CMS Health Plan Care Manager
- Visit the Florida Department of Health website
Maintain Your Child’s Services
Your child must get at least two different services in a three-month period to stay in the program. There is no limit on how long your child can be in the program. Each year, your child’s provider will be asked to confirm your child’s eligibility for enrollment in PIC:TFK. Your CMS Health Plan Care Manager will work with the provider when it is time to do so.