Skip to Main Content

Legal Forms

Advance Directives

As unpleasant as it is to think about, our members should consider what  healthcare choices they would want made for them should they become too sick to make decisions for themselves. We want our members to take an active role in their healthcare choices. We recommend creating a living will and/or designating a power of attorney. Members should provide this information to their caregiver, care manager/service coordinator, and primary care doctor (PCP). To learn more about creating an Advance Directive, please visit the Florida Health Care Association website.

Once an Advance Directive is completed, ask your care recipient’s PCP to put the form in their file. You can also talk to your care recipient and their PCP about the decision-making process of creating a Living Will or Advance Directive. Together, you can make decisions that can help put their mind at ease.

Advance Directives can be changed at any time. Other members of your care team should be aware of the Advance Directive. Your care recipient may also choose to designate a Medical Power of Attorney. That person should be made aware of the Advance Directive or Living Will, as well.

With an Advance Directive, you can be sure that your care recipient is cared for as they wish, at a time when they cannot give the information.

For more information on an Advance Directive, please refer to our Member Handbook (PDF). If your care recipient’s directive is not being followed, you can call the state’s complaint line at 1-888-419-3456.

Appoint a Designated Representative 

Complete an Appointment of a Designated Representative Form (PDF) to name a representative to act on your behalf in determining eligibility for public assistance from the Department of Children and Families.