Member Rights and Responsibilities
As an enrollee of Sunshine Health it is important that you know your rights and responsibilities. These rights and responsibilities are provided to you in accordance with the Florida Patient’s Bill of Rights and Responsibilities.
As a patient, you have the right to:
- Be treated with courtesy and respect.
- Have your dignity and privacy respected at all times.
- Receive a prompt response to a question about your medical services.
- Know what patient support services are available, including whether an interpreter is available if you do not speak English.
- Know what rules and regulations apply to your conduct.
- To get information about each healthcare provider who is providing medical services.
- Be given information about diagnoses, planned course of treatment, alternatives, risks, and prognosis.
- Refuse any treatment, except as otherwise provided by law.
- Be given, full information about other financial sources available to pay for your healthcare.
- Receive prior to treatment, an estimate of charges for medical care.
- If you are eligible for Medicare/Medicaid, you can ask if the provider or facility accepts the Medicare/Medicaid assignment rate.
- Upon request to get a copy of an itemized bill.
- Have the charges explained.
- To get medical treatment or housing, regardless of race, national origin, religion, physical handicap, or type of payment.
- Receive treatment for any emergency medical condition that will get worse from failure to receive medical treatment.
- Know if medical treatment is for purposes of experimental research
- To give consent or refusal to participate in such research.
- Express Grievances regarding any violation of your rights, as stated in Florida law, through the Grievances procedure of the healthcare provider or healthcare plan
- To obtain from Sunshine Health a description of various services, processes and information available to enrollees
- Be free from any form of restraint or seclusion used as a means of coercion, discipline, convenience, or retaliation.
- Request a copy of medical records, and request that they be corrected.
- Receive healthcare services in accordance with federal and state regulations.
- Exercise their rights, without affecting the way the enrollee is treated.
As a patient, you have a responsibility to:
- Provide the healthcare provider, to the best of your knowledge complete information about all matters relating to your health.
- Report unexpected changes in your condition to the healthcare provider.
- Report to the healthcare provider whether you understand the course of action and what is expected of you.
- Follow the treatment plan recommended by the healthcare provider.
- Keep appointments
- When you are unable to do so for any reason, notify the healthcare provider or facility.
- Understand that you are responsible for your actions if you refuse treatment or do not follow the healthcare provider’s instructions.
- Assure that the financial obligations of your healthcare are fulfilled as promptly as possible.
- Follow healthcare facility rules and laws about patient care and conduct.
- Notify Sunshine Health as soon as there is a change in your address.