(Telephone Device for the Deaf): 1-800-453-5145
This toll free number is open 24/7; counselors are waiting to assist you.
Press 1 to report suspected abuse, neglect or abandonment of a child
Press 2 to report suspected abuse, neglect or exploitation of the elderly or a vulnerable adult
Press 3 to verify the identity of a child protective investigator who recently visited you
Press 4 for information/referrals to other services in your local area.
Be prepared to provide specific details of the incident(s) or the circumstances contributing to the risk of harm, including who was involved, what occurred, when and where it occurred, why it happened, the extent of any injuries sustained, what the victim(s) said happened, and any other pertinent information are very important. Information callers should have ready includes:
- Name, date of birth (or approximate age), race, and gender, for all adults and children involved.
- Addresses or another means to locate the subjects of the report, including current location.
- Information regarding disabilities and/or limitations of the victims (especially for vulnerable adult victims).
- Relationship of the alleged perpetrator to the child or adult victim(s).
- Other relevant information that would speed up an investigation, such as directions to the victim (especially in rural areas) and other risks to the investigator, should be given to the Abuse Hotline Counselor.
To make a report, via fax, please send a detailed written report with your name and contact telephone or FAX contact information using the Florida Abuse Hotline’s fax reporting form (PDF) to: 1-800-914-0004.
Web reporting should not be used for situations requiring immediate attention. Please contact the Hotline’s toll free reporting number if you believe a child or vulnerable adult is at imminent risk of harm.
To make a report via the Florida Abuse Hotline’s web reporting option, please gather all of your information in advance and click the following link to access the web reporting option:
Florida Abuse Reporting Portal (Please note: by clicking on this link you will be leaving the Sunshine Health's website.)
NOTIFICATION OF REPORT:
- Telephone reporters will always be told before the end of our conversation, whether the information given has been received as a report.
- Fax reporters will only be told if they request notification in the labeled area on the fax reporting form (PDF).
Please do not fax multiple allegations of abuse or neglect for multiple families at a time. By submitting them one at a time, they will likely get processed faster.